Somerville Food Tour – A Taste Around the World
Throughout the last few years, Somerville, the epicenter of Somerset County, has undergone a food renaissance and now boasts about 50 downtown restaurants representing every corner of the world, from South Korea to Costa Rica.
In the Taste Around the World tour, visitors will be introduced to just that with a three-hour narrated walking tour to five restaurants known for their international cuisine led by local resident and MyCentralJersey.com, Courier News and Home News Tribune staff writer Jenna Intersimone.
Come hungry and meet us at Café Picasso, where Chef Lorenzo will introduce visitors to his native Italy through their tastebuds before we head to Ai Sushi, formerly known as Shumi, which has been named as the best sushi restaurant in the state. Then, we’ll make our way to Kuay Tiew Noodles and More, a new Somerville eatery spotlighting real Thai cuisine, before we go to Division Café for some empanadas, known as some of the best in New Jersey. Finally, we’ll finish our tour at Verve, a 22-year-old Somerville staple and French bistro known for their eclectic cocktails and equally interesting digs.
Join us on on our inaugural Somerville Food Tour Saturday, Nov. 3 from 4-7 p.m. for amazing tastings, meet and greets with chefs and an exclusive foodie experience!
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3 from 4-7 p.m.
- Cost: $89 per adult ticket (ages 8 and up)
- Includes: All food, select beverage pairings, and narrated tour
- Theme of tour will rotate. Tours will be offered in Somerville on a monthly basis. Stay tuned for future dates! Please email us for private/corporate tour availability in Somerville.
- Gratuities not included – please consider tipping your tour guide
Tour Stop Locations:
- Café Picasso
- Ai Sushi (formerly Shumi)
- Kuay Tiew Noodles and More
- Division Café
- Wine pairings from Discover Wine
You will be asked for your dietary restrictions during your booking process. If you are unsure if we can accommodate your restriction, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this tour may include nuts, dairy, shellfish, spicy food, raw fish and pork.
*Restaurants & menu items subject to change
*Tours are more fun when there are more people on it! Generally, the tour minimum is 6 guests. If the minimum is not met 48 hours before tour date, JGFT reserves the right to reschedule guests.