JGFT IS CELEBRATING THEIR 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY WITH…
“JERSEY CITY CHEFS TABLE!”
Jersey City Chef’s Table at Hudson Table
Sample some of the best dishes from four Jersey City chefs at Hudson Table, while sipping on wine curated by Mana Wine. Event will include chef interviews, Q&A, cooking demonstrations by each chef, food and wine samplings, and take-home recipes. A delicious celebration of chefs and cuisine!
- Date: Wednesday July 13th 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Location: Hudson Table 1403 Clinton Street Hoboken, NJ 07030
- Price: $125/person
- Enjoy a 9-course tasting menu (including dessert)
- Sip on a variety of wines thoughtfully curated by Marla Priest, the director of Mana Wine, a division of Mana Contemporary
- Take home featured recipes from each of the four chefs
- Dress to impress! This event will be cocktail-style and no assigned seating
- Event is limited to only 40 participants and tickets must be purchased in advance
- Unfortunately, allergy or dietary restrictions cannot be accommodated for this event
Hudson Table is a boutique recreational cooking school located in Hoboken, NJ.
Their charming kitchen studio serves as a common venue to unite friends, strangers and locals together with a common interest in mind: food. Their goal is simple – to create a unique culinary experience. HT offers a wide variety of culinary experiences in either a hands-on or chef-led demonstration class setting. In addition to cooking classes, Hudson Table is also home to private events and chef competitions.
More about Mana Wine:
Mana Wine classes and events are for novices and experts alike. Build your personal taste, learn about new regions and varietals, and demystify the art of drinking wine. For more information, please contact Marla Priest, Director of Mana Wine, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wine sponsored in part by: Super Buy Rite Jersey City
George Politis is a third generation restaurant owner operating two locations in Hudson County, New Jersey. His family opened their first GP’s Restaurant in 1934, and George has continued their tradition of fresh, classic Italian dishes using locally-sourced ingredients producing a menu that is both heartwarmingly familiar and refreshingly unique.
While the cast of characters at GP’s know how to prepare great plates, it is equally as important that they know how to treat guests when they walk through the door. Many GPs employees have been with them for over 20 years and are proud of their extended family that uphold standards of excellence in service.
Emma Taylor is the Chef and Owner of Milk Sugar Love , Jersey City’s organic ice cream. Formerly an Art Director, Emma changed careers to pursue her love of pastry, completing a degree in Pastry Arts and working in France and in New York City before launching her own business.
Emma started Milk Sugar Love in 2013, crafting and selling small batches of her flavor-forward ice cream from a small pushcart at local farmer’s markets. She now operates a bustling ice cream shop in Hamilton Park and has recently launched the Milk Sugar Love ice cream truck to bring her organic ice cream to all of New Jersey.
Alexandra Sartoga is a chef from the Bergen-Lafayette area of Jersey City. Graduating from the CIA, she went on to work as a private chef for the Executive Dining Room at Bank of America. She now is the chef owner of Garden Steaks Catering. Garden Steaks works to provide healthy and delicious meals to children in the Hudson County area. Working to provide school lunch programs with a focus on locally sourced and organic ingredients.
She spends her free time working with an organization she co-founded, Feed JC. Feed JC is a hospitality youth mentorship program that teaches high school students both culinary arts and service skills. Last year in conjunction with the Jersey City Parks Collation, Feed JC had a 7 event series of dinners in the park. The proceeds were used to feed over 300 homeless people on Christmas Day. This year the organization is working to do community dinners for 500 Jersey City residents.
Chris Siversen studied at the French Culinary Institute in New York City. His experience includes landmark restaurants, Alison on Dominick Street, the ‘21’ Club, and Pamela Morgan’s, Flavors. More recently he spent almost ten years creating and overseeing menus for the Glazier Group’s Twenty Four Fifth and Bridgewaters in NYC, and the Westminster Hotel in Livingston, New Jersey. Along the way, Siversen has cooked for Martha Stewart and Steven Spielberg, Versace, Armani, Chanel, and Marc Jacobs runway shows, and for Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. He has appeared on Fox News, Food Network, and WNBC. Siversen’s latest project, BURG, opened in November 2015 in Newark’s Military Park.
Maritime Parc has been recognized by many New Jersey and New York publications for being among the best the state has to offer. Maritime Parc has been on New Jersey Monthly’s Top 25 Best Restaurants each year since it opened.
The Menu & Demonstrations:
- Signature Shrimp Scampi (Demonstration)
- Jersey Tomato, Fresh Basil, and GP’s Housemade Fresh Mozzarella
- House Cured Salmon with Fig Jam, Brioche Crostini, and Sour Cream Foam
- Pan-fried Brioche with Sliced Strawberries, Mixed Greens and White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Demonstration includes: trimming salmon filet, curing process, slicing, fig jam, and sour cream foam
- Sake and Soy Braised Pork Belly- Kung Pao Style with Peanuts, and Honey
- Sea Scallop Ceviche with Avocado Pudding, Corn and Bacon Salsa (Demonstration)
- Grilled Swordfish with Fava Beans, Kale, Rye Berries, and Beer-Grainy Mustard Broth
- Italian Summer Sundae with Honey Ricotta Ice Cream, Balsamic Strawberries, Amaretto Cookie Crumble, Mint, Whipped Cream
- Olive Oil Cake with Sour Cream Blueberry Ice Cream (Demonstration)