Somerville A Taste Around the World Food Tour
Throughout the last few years, Somerville, the epicenter of Somerset County, has undergone a food renaissance and now boasts about 50 downtown restaurants representing every corner of the world, from South Korea to Costa Rica.
In the Somerville food tour, visitors will be introduced to just that with a three-hour narrated walking tour to four restaurants led by local resident and MyCentralJersey.com, Courier News and Home News Tribune staff writer Jenna Intersimone.
You’ll receive samples of signature dishes from each restaurant as well as select beverage pairings, with enough food to amount to a satisfying meal.
Come hungry and get to know Café Picasso, where Chef Lorenzo will introduce visitors to his native Italy through their tastebuds before you check out Ai Sushi, formerly known as Shumi, which has been named as the best sushi restaurant in the state. Tourgoers may also get to taste what Kuay Tiew Noodles and More is cooking up, which is a new Somerville eatery spotlighting real Thai cuisine, as well as what’s on the fryer at Division Café , which is known for having some empanadas in New Jersey.
Verve, a 22-year-old Somerville staple and French bistro known for their eclectic cocktails and equally interesting digs, as well as Project P.U.B., which features a new brewery each month with a new menu and dedicated taps, can also be found on our tours. Plus, visitors may also get to meet Pinoy owner Cynthia, who has brought her own family’s Filipino recipes with her to her Somerville restaurant, as well as check out Tapastre, a small plates eatery which pairs its gastropub-esque dishes with craft brews.
- Saturday, March 23 from 3-6 p.m. This tour has SOLD OUT! Keep watch for the April Somerville food tour date, which will be announced shortly on our website and social media pages!
- Cost: $89 per adult ticket (ages 8 and up)
- Includes: All food, select beverage pairings, and narrated tour
- Tours will be offered in Somerville on a biweekly or monthly basis. Stay tuned for future dates! Please email us for private/corporate tour availability in Somerville.
- Gratuities not included – please consider tipping your tour guide
Possible Tour Stop Locations:
- Café Picasso
- Ai Sushi (formerly Shumi)
- Kuay Tiew Noodles and More
- King Tut
- Kyma Greek Cuisine
- Division Café
- Project P.U.B.
- Cheech’s Own Coffee Company
- Fresh Tiki Bar
- Wine pairings from Discover Wine
- To-go treats from The Dessert Plate
You will be asked for your dietary restrictions during your booking process. If you are unsure if we can accommodate your restriction, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this tour may include nuts, dairy, shellfish, spicy food, raw fish and pork.
*Restaurants & menu items subject to change
*Tours are more fun when there are more people on it! Generally, the tour minimum is 6 guests. If the minimum is not met 48 hours before tour date, JGFT reserves the right to reschedule guests.